Good Afternoon everyone,
I hope you are all having a good weekend so far and here in the UK it finally feels like summer with the weather being amazing! Today was also my last week at my placement and it was really sad to say goodbye to all the children that I have come to know and love but as I am also moving out of my university house it was no longer practical to keep going but I have made some good friends and I hope to stay in contact with all of them! As I am currently surrounded by boxes and there isn’t much else to update you with combined with the ever looming summer holidays I thought I would share with you some of my holiday which I have taken on holiday before and will continue to do so this year. Due to the amount of stuff I have decided to make this into a couple of posts starting with this one going on to cover sunscreens, top clothing picks, shoes, skincare, and make-up.
- Earplugs, eye mask etc: Depending on the length of your flight you might want ear plugs, a toothbrush and toothpaste and an eye mask. If I am going on a long haul flight then I also like to take a couple of face masks as your skin becomes dry on the plane and also it helps to pass them time. Whilst some airline do offer these products I think that it is better to take your own just in case and really they don’t take up a lot of space in your carry on.
- Painkillers and anti-bacterial: Planes are full of germs as everyone breathes in the same circulated air and more often than not I have ended up with a cold or really irritating cough on the way to my holiday destination. I always pack painkillers as they already feature in my daily bag but I take both Paracetamol and Ibopurafen primarily to help with headaches more than anything else as the last thing I want to do is spent a good couple of hours in a high-pressure environment with a pounding headache. I also make sure to take antibacterial hand gel or a spray as well as hand wipes as again I really don’t want to catch anything and it’s easier than getting up to wash my hands. I really like the Soap and Glory hand gel at £2.50 which doesn’t completely dry out your hands and smells real good!
- Moisturiser– Hydration will literally be sucked from your skin whilst on a flight so take a thick and nourishing cream such as Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream (£70) to lather on when your face feels a little dry. I know this is a total luxury and there and great ones on the highstreet but I have found this great for those long haul flights. As I am heading over to Portugal this summer I wont take anything like this as it is just too hot, but instead decant a little of my L’Oreal Hydra Genius if I really want to.
- Hair- Currently I have bleached hair which is actually going lighter in a few weeks and so I do have a couple of must have things to protect it but that is another post. I always travel with my hair up either in a messy bun or a ponytail but usually plaited just to keep it out of my face. A couple of grips, spare hair bands and a brush always have a place in my carryon luggage.
- Swimming costume- Over recent years I have found myself slipping a bikini into my bag to take on the flight just in case something happens to my case or I really just want to head straight down to the pool- this way there is no need to hunt through my case. I am planning to do a whole post on bikini and beach wear but my current favorite is the Scallop Edge Bikini from Warehouse which I brought in the stunning purple color through ASOS at £34 for the set.
- Sunscreen- If you take only one item on holiday, let it be this. There is nothing more important when it comes to health and beauty than taking care in the sun. I don’t use anything lower than SFP 30 and pack both a body sun cream and a face SPF. Whilst these usually travel in my main suitcase I do take a small travel mini in my bag either for top up whilst away or for that first hit on hot weather. One of my favourites is the PIZ BUIN® Ultra Light Dry Touch Face Fluid SPF30 50ml at £9. Taking this on the plane means that everything liquid needs to be under 100ml and already adding an SPF into my daily routine means that I don’t think I will bother this year.
- Sunglasses- Putting on your sunnies as you step out of the plane really makes you feel on holiday and whilst I take more than one pair I defiantly have some in my carry on. Currently, I am loving the River Island Flat Lense Metallic Sunglasses at £14 through ASOS as well as the Jeepers Peepers Flat Lens Cat Eye Sunglasses at £24 again through ASOS. 8. Entertainment- Having something to do in an essential on any flight and whilst I do take plenty of books away with me, more often than not I turn to music or my iPad on flights either binge watching my current series at it is now possible to download Netflix and Amazon prime. My current favorite is Blood Line whilst I await the return of Suits and Supernatural although I have gone back and watched right from the beginning more than once! I also make sure that I have a plug charger as well as portable one to make sure that I don’t miss out on anything whether it is the stunning scenery or tense ending to an episode.
That’s it for now as otherwise, I think this post could go on for a really long time! I hope you found it somewhat interesting to read:D
Until next time,