I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and here in England it is a bank holiday which I am more than looking forward to even though it is really cold outside right now. I know there wasn’t a blog post on this week on the scheduled days but I have to admit I forgot needing to do 500 other things which I why this post is going up today. As you can see from the title this post is going to be about Prom, more specifically I have been shopping around on ASOS and wanted to share my top dresses which aren’t going to break the bank but still look amazing. For me we had 2 proms, one at the end of year 11 and again at the end of year 13 just before we all headed off to university, leave me comments if this was the same as you and where you went.
Little Mistress Midi Dress with Embroided Bodice and Tulle Skirt Asos £68. I really like this dress as it is perfect for summer and very in trend with the embroidery. There is also enough skin on show with the off the shoulder top half but then it falls low enough that not everything will be on display. I also love the colours on here and I think it will suit most people and the theme of your prom but at the same time totally wear again.
2. ASOS SALON Floral Embroidered Skater Mini Dress £75. This is the most expensive of the dresses that I have included in this post. I love the light blue colour which again is perfect for spring / summer and the embroidered flowers also make this dress look far more expensive. I would pair this with a pair of white/ silver shoes and I would wear this again. The only thing is the length which if you are tall may be an issue especially when dancing!
3. New Look Premium Embellished Mesh Bodycon Dress £59.99. In case you dont want something which is pastel and very girly this is my next pick which is still very on trend with the mesh overlayer and the embellishment makes it femine but the darker colour makes it more sophisticated and perfect for evening events. You could add colour through shoes or a clutch which would stand out even more against the black.
4. ASOS Slinky Knot Back Kimono Dress £35. Again this dress is a darker colour and by far the most understated but I love the back of this one and I think that this would look stunning with nude or bright heels and a neckless. This dress is definitely one that you could wear again on a night out with the girls which I why this might be my favourite.
5. ASOS Side Cutout Maxi Dress £42. The colour of this dress is amazing and would look stunning with a tan. Again depending on the location of your prom you might want something longer and the cut outs show a little skin. I actually have had both, for my first prom at 16 I had a dark purple floor length dress that I actually still have but haven’t worn again sadly but it looked great in the photos with all my friends. Then for my second when I was 18 I had a much shorter black dress with cut outs which I have since worn for a wedding.
6. ASOS Bardot Jumpsuit with Tie Sleeve in Print. Prom may be traditionally all about the dress but there are also some really stunning jumpsuits on the market. I picked this one out not only because of the on trent off the shoulder finish but I really like the colours on here and think that this would look great teamed with a pair of red shoes ! while this may be alittle uncommon I think they can still look very flattering and would be a great alternative if you dont want to worry about your dress falling down!
7. Boohoo Corded Lace Panelled Skater Dress £35. This is another black dress but at the same time very different to the other one within this post. I love the length of this one with the mini dress underneath and then the longer lace overlay makes it very feminine and you are still showing off your body but at the same time not too much. The only thing I would worry about is the length of the underlayer as if you are tall like me it looks like it is very short.
8. Chi Chi London Premium Metallic Lace Midi Prom Dress with Bardot Neck £72. This is my last pick and I think this dress is stunning especially the white lace over the darker blue body. This dress is my favourite and would also be great for a wedding as the back is just as pretty as the front.
That’s it, I hope you have enjoyed reading this and gained some inspiration for what to wear for your prom/wedding/ party. There won’t be a post on Monday but schedule permitting Thursday is a go.